The National Football League has decided to let you, the fans, select which three games to place on YouTube as the best Falcons Games to date. The selection to choose from are
- Atlanta Falcons Vs San Francisco 49ers, 1983 – Steve Bartkowski delivers a near 50-yard Hail Mary pass to Billy “White Shoes” Johnson in the final moments of the game for a 28-24 win.
- NFC Championship Game, Atlanta Falcons Vs Minnesota Vikings, 1988 – A Morton Anderson kick sends the Falcons to their first Conference Title and a trip to the Super Bowl.
- NFC Wildcard Game, Atlanta Falcons Vs Green Bay Packers, 2002 – Michael Vick leads Falcons over Packers for their first post-season loss at Lambeau.
- Atlanta Falcons Vs New Orleans Saints, 2010 – An overtime victory over the defending Super Bowl Champion Saints in week three in overtime with a kick by Matt Bryant.
- NFC Wildcard Game, Atlanta Falcons Vs Seattle Seahawks, 2012 – Matt Bryant again lifts his team in overtime past the Seattle Seahawks
Get your votes at the bottom of THIS PAGE
The Falcons Kick off the preseason with a game against the Washington Redskins on August 11th. Plenty of great seats and affordable tickets are still available for all preseason and regular season games so be sure to grab yours today and help cheer on your Atlanta Falcons!
The Atlanta Falcons (8-7) will host the New Orleans Saints (6-9) this weekend and even though both teams are out of the playoff hunt, expect them to bring their A games for different reasons. The Falcons are fighting to give Head Coach Dan Quinn a winning season while the Saints are trying to prevent Head Coach Sean Peyton’s first 10-loss season.
“You could very easily say we’re not playing for a playoff position here,” Saints QB Drew Brees said. “Why risk it? Why do this? Well because first of all it’s our jobs. It’s what we’re paid to do. We take pride in what we do. But also we’ve got guys we don’t want to let down. We want to be there for them. We want to do this together.”
“To say that it doesn’t have any meaning is uninformed in terms of what we do professionally,” said Saints right tackle Zach Strief. “Guys are playing for jobs and guys are playing for certainly respect, and guys are playing for pride, and on top of that it’s a rivalry game.”
There are still plenty of great seats and affordable tickets available so get yours today and help cheer on your Atlanta Falcons over the New Orleans Saints!
“It’s always tough to lose your first game,” Falcons defensive tackle Adrian Clayborn said. “They executed perfectly. The beat us on offense. They beat us on defense and they won the turnover battle. You can’t come back from that no matter how good you play.”
It was going to happen sooner or later, that first loss of the season. For the Atlanta Falcons, it came at the hands of a struggling New Orleans Saints team. For their part, the Saints did not look like the team of the past few weeks. QB Drew Brees was 30-39 for 312 yards and a touchdown. The Falcons committed three turnovers in the loss even as Matt Ryan was 30-44 for 295 yards and two touchdowns.
“For us to finish minus-three (three turnovers) was hard on us,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn said. “We weren’t able to create any defensively. We had a blocked punt and the turnovers really told the story of the game. It’s hard to overcome those mistakes.”
The Falcons must put it all aside and concentrate on their upcoming game against the 1-4 Tennessee Titans. Plenty of great seats and affordable tickets are still available so be sure to get yours today and help cheer on your Atlanta Falcons on the road!